The Academy hosts Clinical Science Symposia to encourage medical students and doctors to pursue research alongside clinical medicine, and develop the skills required to succeed. The events feature Australia’s most outstanding clinician-scientists, and seek to inspire Australia’s future health and medical researchers.
Catered to both young clinicians who are yet to fully delve into research, and those established consultants who are already involved in research and hoping to take it one step further, the Clinical Science Symposia will have something for everyone. The sessions include talks by academics from a range of specialities and each speaker gives a vignette of their own research in addition to their speaking topic.
Past speakers have included:
- Professor Ian Frazer AC
- Prof Christina Mitchell
- Professor Stephen Davis AM
- And many others!
With the first Victorian Clinical Science Symposium held in 2016, the event has since gone from strength to strength, and has inspired events in Queensland and Western Australia. Each of these symposia have been resounding successes, and will continue to be an annual fixture on the AAHMS calendar.
For more information about the upcoming Clinical Science Symposium, see below:
- VIC: Clinical Science Symposium – Life as a Clinician-Scientist: The Best of Both Worlds
Saturday 8th September, 9am -4:30pm
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- QLD: Clinical Science Symposium (video)
- WA: Life as a Clinician Scientist workshop – part of Science on the Swan conference 2018
- VIC: Clinical Science Symposium Life as a Clinician-Scientist: The Best of Both Worlds (video)
- WA: Career as a Clinician Scientist – part of the Science on the Swan conference 2017